Monday, November 23, 2009

What a Blessing

Yesterday, we had the privilege of blessing our baby girl. It's so stressful to prepare for an event like that especially when you need to fit many people into a small space. I was really worried about getting everyone to fit, but it worked out well. Luckily we had the living room, the family room, and the dining room for people to mingle.

Kodi was a hit. She looked so beautiful in her blessing dress even though she's not feeling well. I think people really liked her and it was the first time 90% of the family had seen her. The only ones who had met her before yesterday was our immediate family. Yesterday my aunts and uncles, and Kris step brothers and sisters met her.

I wasn't sure how many priesthood holders we'd have in the circle, but we had a great size. There were 7 men plus the bishopric representative. It was perfect. Kris had mentioned that he was nervous to give the blessing in front of so many people, some of which he didn't know in our ward, but he said as soon as he got up there and was surrounded by his family, he felt at peace. I don't remember everything said in the blessing, but I remember one thing very clearly: "Your uncle is honored to have you take his name." That phrase brought tears to my eyes. Kris said that he felt Jason so close to him during that blessing, and I don't doubt it. I'm so grateful my husband honors his priesthood and was able to do that for our daughter.

One thing that I found to be ironic was our neighbor and friend has a son younger than Kyson so I've been giving her all of Kyson's clothes. There was one sweater that my mom kept of Jason's becuase he looked so good in it. I couldn't wait for Kyson to be big enough to wear it, but by the time he was, it didn't fit him right because his torso is too long. We gave the sweater to our friend in hopes that it would have a good home. Well my friend's little boy was wearing Jason's sweater yesterday in church. It was such a coincidence, but a wonderful chance of fate.

I'm so grateful we had so many people come to support our family. We're so lucky to have all of these people in our lives.

3 comments:

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate said...

She really is beautiful! Nate picked that sweater out for Eli to wear and it just happened to be the day your family was there. What a great day for you. (this is Rebecca, by the way)

Gretchen said...

Kelli, she is beautiful and I am sure the day was perfect. We still are sad we missed this event, but our spirits were there with you. Much love to all of you. What a great day and I am sure Jason was right there too!!!