Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mom's Surgery

On Monday, my mom went in for a hip replacement. She's already had a knee and her other hip replaced, so we joke and refer to her as Bionic Woman. She was extremely nervous about going in for this surgery because the last hip replacement was so miserable. On Sunday after Kodi's blessing, she had Kris give her a blessing and I know she's had many prayers in her behalf. In the hospital she was doing phenomenally. When I talked to her on the phone that evening she sounded great and she had already been able to get up to go to the bathroom. She was having little pain and everything just sounded superb. She was doing so well with her recovery that she was released today.

Unfortunately, since she's been home she has taken a turn for the worse. The pain level has kicked up and she doesn't have the 24-hour care that she received in the hospital. Her bed isn't a recliner kind of bed like they have in the hospital and there is no bar above the bed to help her get up. Without that bar, she has to use upper body muscles and that irritates her wound. It's a struggle, and I hope she improves quickly.

Our prayers are with you Mom.

1 comment:

Doney Days said...

Ouch! Your poor mom! My mom needs a hip replacement too, but they don't have insurance so she hobbles around with a cane or wheelchair. I don't like seeing my parents age!