Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Weekend Fun

This last weekend, we went to Bear Lake with the family. We went last weekend to clean up the cabin for the summer, but his weekend was to be for fun. The weather wasn't perfect, but we were still able to enjoy the time away.

Saturday we went four wheeling. Normally I go with my dad and we go on some rough trails, but my cousin decided they wanted to go too and bring their kids. At first I wasn't happy with the idea because I didn't think it was possible to have any fun with small kids on a real four wheeling trail. But I figured since they were bringing their kids, I may as well take Kyson. Kyson has done short trips on the four wheeler, like down to the beach, around campgrounds and stuff like this, but nothing rocky and in the forest. He loved it! He had always liked riding them, but this trip was extra fun for him. I kept asking him if he was having fun and he said, "yes." He was laughing so much and even saying "Weeeeee," as we went down the canyon. I'm so glad that I took him, but I'm afraid I opened up a can of worms. After that trip, he always wanted to go on rides, and he even figured out how to steal my cousin's kid's four wheeler. he disappeared for a short time and we found him in he yard riding Daxton's toy four wheeler. He figured it out all by himself.

All weekend Kyson played with my father. At times, I even had he courage to leave Kyson in the care of my father - Super Nanny himself. Kids love him and I don't know if it's because he's a big kid himself, or because they can do whatever they want with him. I was lucky enough to capture a perfect moment from this perfect babysitter.While my dad has his moments of admiring tractors, he is a wonderful grand- father who adores Kyson. It's fun to see them play together because I know they enjoy one another's company. It's wonderful to see the tender side of him as a grandfather that I don't remember seeing as a father. In fact, it was my dad's idea to bring Kyson four-wheeling, not something I'd expect from my dad.

The weather was too cold to take advantage of the lake, but Kyson still took advantage of the beach. I wasn't planning on him digging into the sand because it was all wet after the rain, but I turned my back to set his shoes aside, and I ended up with a very dirty boy. I let him play and even sent my dad to get lawn chairs after I'd been standing there for 15 minutes. He had to have been freezing by the end, but he was happy - and that's all that matters, right?

3 comments:

MADSEN'S said...

he is adorable in that last picture, we don't get to see that smile to often, he's usually glaring and running for cover. It looks like you guys had alot of fun adventures.

satomblablabla said...

wow... kyson's hair sure has gotten blonde! has it always been that blonde??? cutie... isn't fun to to watch them experience new things? :)

Marnie said...

Looks like an awesome weekend. I love all the pictures, but in that last one, he just makes your heart melt!