Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Not Again!

Everyone that I know of who wants to know the sex of their baby before it's born gets to find out. I have learned that I'm cursed and cannot get that lucky. With both of my pregnancies, the baby wouldn't cooperate to let us know what the sex is. Kyson wouldn't uncross his legs and we wouldn't have been able to find out if we hadn't paid for a 3D ultrasound. Even though we did get to find out, I had to wait until I was 6 1/2 months along to find out. With this baby, it was too low to tell. The technician who did the ultrasound went through all the organs of the baby and everything looked great, but she said she couldn't get a picture that we'd be able to understand that would show the sex of the baby. She said she could tell what it was though - a girl. I asked her how sure, and she said, "I'm very sure." While we waited for the doctor we talked about how exciting it was that we were going to have a little girl.

When he doctor came, she looked at all the pictures from the ultrasound and asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. We said yes, and the technician had said it was a girl, but couldn't get a picture that we'd understand. The doctor proceeded to look again to check and said, "I couldn't tell you difinitevely, but from what I'm seeing, this looks like a boy." The baby was sitting so low on my pelvis that they couldn't get a look without too much shadowing.

Fortunately, because it was sitting so low, they couldn't see the bottom of the spine and I have to go back. They said in 3-4 weeks the baby should be big enough that we should be able to find out the sex. So, June 12, I'm praying will be the day we find out. Maybe we'll get lucky with this next ultrasound.

2 comments:

Deb-t said...

I'm rooting for a girl just so you can have one of each. But if you get a boy, of course we all know how priceless they all are. Good luck on June 12th! Hope this child starts cooperating!

satomblablabla said...

Yeah, me too! I really hope the technician was right... but how could the doctor say that and be wrong?? :( Regardless, I will be happy for another boy for you!