Thursday, November 13, 2008

Family Time is a Great Stress Relief

With all the events that have recently happened, our family needed some down time. When Motown passed away, it happened to be the same week as the end of the quarter at one school, the end of the quarter at the other school the following week, and parent teacher conferences. I was a mess dealing with the emotional stress and the worry of getting grades done by the deadline. While we were out of town for the funeral, Kris was entering grades in for me, and I was doing grades every moment I had. We even bought a car power supply for my computer so I could work in the car on the way back. It was an awful time.

Fortunately, I survived and we decided to have some family time to try and just enjoy one another without the stresses that we had been dealing with. Last Friday, we went to the Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum. It is full of animals that are stuffed and had been donated by different people. Kyson absolutely loves animals and we thought he might really enjoy it.

It was so fun to listen to him walk up to animals and say,"Oh," and "Wow!" He loved the tiger and the bears especially. For anyone looking for a great family activity, I'd recommend this museum. It's on the BYU campus and it's free. It's a pretty impressive museum and Kyson loved it.

2 comments:

Randy said...

A good stress relief is to go walking.

Marnie said...

Looks like a good day. I am sure you needed it!