Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's Been a While

Kris recently cleaned up the study and put our computers in it rather than in the family room. Because they're not as accessible, I'm having a harder time posting. For those who have been waiting for an update, I apologize.

Many new things (all pretty minor) have been going on. Kyson has a new belt and boy he's a cutie. He's too skinny for the pants in all the stores I've checked and the adjustable waste pants don't begin until 2T. Basically every pair of pants we buy him fall right off his little behind. He had some shorts with adjustable waste and I had to bring them in 6 notches on each side. It's a bit ridiculous. The belt -- it's awesome!

Also with Kyson, I can give an update on the feeding/eating issue. He went to an evaluation for therapy with Primary Children's Hospital. They said without a doubt, he needs therapy for eating. They said he doesn't move his tongue the way he should which causes him to choke on his food or have a hard time pushing the food to the side to chew it, so he'll swallow it whole and choke. They think he'd need therapy once a week for about 3 months, but that is all a guess.

We are now waiting to find out if the insurance will cover it. The insurance company has to believe it is necessary to cover it. To keep out options open we're working to see if we qualify for therapy through the state. We went to a hearing and seeing test with the state and there was a couple of fire trucks and firemen there that day seeing the different kids. Kyson dragged me (literally) to the fireman and they gave him an honorary badge and a cute fireman hat. He loves it so much.

The last thing, that isn't very note-
worthy is Kyson has a new found love for his recliner we gave him for his birthday. He and Franni are constantly jumping on it sitting on it, watching television on it, etc. At least it was a well worth it gift.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Hey it is good to see a post!
Just so you know..I bought some adjustable waist pants for Luke just recently from Target. They are awesome! You'll have to see if they have them in Utah.

MADSEN'S said...

I'm glad to see the boy back circulation. He is sporting that new belt quite nicely. He's a cutie.

Marnie said...

Glad to see an update. The pictures are so cute. Good luck with the eating therapy. Keep us posted.

Amber said...

Kelli,
Puerto Rico is considered a US territory so it doesn't require a passport. Which is really nice.:) Where are you guys going?

chelseareeve said...

Adorable pictures...I told you I was going to start a blog soon...I just did yesterday and I blog stocked you off of Jess's blog. I know you won't mind. I had to find you somehow. Come on my blog sometime. I'm an amatuer at it, but it is super fun and addicting.

Deb-t said...

Great job on the post. Kyson looks so cute in his little belt! I bet it's sad and sometime frustrating when you have to deal with something out of the ordinary with a child. I hope therapy is successful for the little guy and that insurance covers it!