Monday, June 2, 2008

Using the Force

A week ago, Kris and I had the privilege of going to Kris' brother's for dinner. It was nice to be able to spend time with them considering we don't see them as much as we'd like. Rusty has taught his children to be Star Wars fanatics and so Kyson had the opportunity to join in. Avery and Blake love to play with their light sabers and "use the force." It's cute to watch.

Not only has Kyson used the force with his cousins, but he uses brute force with his new toybox. He pulls whatever he can out of that thing and it's bigger than him, so it stores a lot. He also has a new-found love of books, and grunts as he flips through the pages. He is just as happy as can be. My mother gave him a large toybox for his birthday and it's been such a great help with all the toys he has. He loves to pull all of his trucks and books off the shelf and scatter them all over the house. Oh I love having a baby that can make messes, but is too little to clean up after themselves.

3 comments:

Deb-t said...

Toy boxes are the best! It's the only way of attempting to organize a plethora of toys!
What a cutie your son is. My son is 8 and loves star wars, too. I have no particular interest in that movie but my son sure does!

Marnie said...

He looks so cute with his light saber (sp?).
I love the toy box. It is hard with little kids to keep things clean, but it is easier to put everything back in a toy box then try and have them super organized.

pilgrimchick said...

My father attempted to teach one of my toddler-age cousins all of the football referee hand signals, and this was met with a, "Don't you dare corrupt my son" from his sister.

I liked books when I was about his age--in fact, since in cartoons books do not have paper covers, I decided to rip all of the paper covers off of the books in my parents' library when I was about two.