Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy 90th Birthday Grammy!

Wow, it's hard to believe that 90 years ago today, my grandmother was born. I've seen the house she was born in in Salem, New Hampshire, and unfortunately the church she was married in has been torn down. She has seen so many things in her lifetime and I'm so thankful that we stil have her with us. I only wish she didn't live so far away. She lives in New Hampshire and I only see her every six months or so. It's not enough. Today she had her first birthday party; she didn't even have one as a child. I've attached a few pictures of her that I love. It's so fun to look at family history.
This was my grammy in 3rd grade in 1926

This is her with her father and sister in 1930.


Grammy in her 1st fur coat. Boy she thinks she's hot stuff!


This is September 7, 1936, when she and my grandfather were dating.

In 1978, My Great grandmother had a picture taken with her three daughters. the two ladies in the front row have passed away. My grandmother is the top right.

This is my grammy and grampy in 1988. My grandfather passed away in 1995.

I have more current pictures of her as well, but they're not with me. It's been great celebrating the life of this amazing woman. We've already planned her 100th birthday party for Vegas, but she's not sure if she'll make it.

2 comments:

Marnie said...

WOW! 90 years old. That is great! You are so lucky to still have her. Enjoy the celebration.

Randy said...

I love "old" pictures. They have a special look. Hope all is well with you guys.