Sunday, April 20, 2008

New Hobby and Favorite Pics

Since October I have had a new hobby of doing genealogy. It's been so awesome to find out information on my ancestors. I've found so many stories of when my family moved to the United States, and I received some pictures from my grandmother about my family. It's been so fun to see my grandfather in his marine uniform for World War II, the picture of my father when he graduated from high school, and my great grandmother who was born in 1891 and died before I was born. I love learning about these people and making sense of where I come from. I've been contacting people all over the United States, and it's amazing how helpful strangers can me. I recently have been in contact with a man in Texas; I've never met him, but he has sent me the entire history of my great-grandmother's sister and when she moved here from Switzerland. It's amazing how the doors open when you are finding your ancestors.


I have no new pictures to share this week for a few reasons. 1) I've been spending every spare minute on a gift I'm working on for my grandmother's 90th birthday. She doesn't read this so I'm okay saying that. 2) Our card for the digital camera filled up. 3) Kyson's birthday is next weekend and I have to take a test next weekend and won't have time to clean the house then. Please forgive me. So because I have no new pictures, I'm going to share a few from when Kyson was smaller and I hadn't started a blog yet.
Kyson was a big boy when he was born 9 lbs 5 oz and 22 in.



He thinned out quickly, and Kris was always so willing to step up and help with the feedings.



Kristian was always willing to read to Kyson, even if it was his college textbooks. Kyson, really looked like he enjoyed it :)



Our bald little baby had a lot of fun at his first baseball game when he was a month and a half.



We went to Vernal to the dinosaur museum with Kris' brother's family.


Look closely! Kyson is in there and went tubing for the first time when he was 3 and a half months.

In September, Kyson was 4 months, we went camping in Manti and Kyson was tired from going 4-wheeling for the first time.


I just love this picture of Kyson and my dad. It's priceless.


I hope you haven't been bored with the pictures, these a just a few of my favorites. Don't worry, you'll get a year's worth of Kyson very soon.

3 comments:

Randy said...

Great pics guys!!

Gunn Family said...

Your little guy is so cute! Glad you guys are doing well!

Marnie said...

Kyson is so cute. I loved the geneology pics also. I love to see old pictures.