Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I Am So Blessed

This week, I received some sad news. An old friend from high school lost his wife and newborn baby on April first from complications from a premature delivery. He is now left a widower at 30 with 3 small children. I can't even fathom the pain and worry he must feel. For those of you who went to high school with me his name is Nathan Pemberton. When I received word of this, I was heart-broken, and went to bed that night with tears in my eyes, full of gratitude for what I have.

I have a wonderful husband who supports me in anything I do. He prays every night that I will feel less stress, that I'll get a good night's sleep, and is always mindful of me - even when I'm not mindful of him. I have a beautiful baby boy who is healthy and happy and brightens my days with his smiles. I adore my family. It's so sad that it takes someone else's tragedy for me to see how truly blessed I am.

3 comments:

Doney Days said...

I know, I feel the same way. I can't stop thinking about it. I too am very grateful for all that I have and I hope I never have to deal with this HUGE trial Nate is dealing with right now!

Deb-t said...

Hi Kelli! I'm so glad you found me and we are now in touch. You will definitely have to catch me up on life. You have a beautiful family!
I, too can't believe what Nate is going though. Oh, this is just so sad for him and his little family. Heather sent me an email and I remember reading is just frozen with horror. I pray they will find some comfort during this sad time.

Valery Heitz said...

Your little one is growing up so quickly! Great to see you and Kristian with your two babes:)