Sunday, February 3, 2008

Snow and . . . more snow

I wasn't sure what I'd write about this week considering there wasn't anything really noteworthy, until the storm that hit us today. We had an insane amount of snow. I'm not sure of numbers, but it was over a foot. I had a rude awakening when I raised the garage door this morning. Church was canceled and 4-wheel drive vehicles were getting trapped on the road in front of our house. Our neighbors were gracious enough to come and help us dig ourselves out and between 4 of us, it still took an hour and a half to empty our driveway. I'm including many photos of our fun snow storm today. We're grateful it was on a Sunday and we didn't need to go anywhere. After digging our the entryway to our house, the snow was up to our crotches and we were freezing. All I can say is, there is too much snow!This is the view of the sidewalks looking down our street.I took this picture from our window on the main floor. The snow is up to the window, and the black dot you see, that is Kris walking down the sidewalk in front of the house.

Yesterday and all week, Kyson has been the typical playful boy. He played with our friends' little boy Luke last night, while we played with our friends, Jordan and Julie. He had fun in the bathtub and kept us entertained, as usual - until this morning. While were have been trying to dig ourselves out today, poor Kyson has been pretty sick. He wasn't outside at all, and he slept almost all day, which is VERY unusual for him. He typically sleeps for maybe two hours during the day, and today he was awake maybe 4. He's running a temperature of 102, so I'm staying home from work tomorrow to take him to the doctor. We think it's another sinus infection. It'll be nice to have our enthusiastic boy back.
That's the end.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Lukas and Kyson are little buds. I love the photo.