Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween

Halloween was fun as usual, but this year, I dressed up as well.  Because I teach 4th graders, they want teachers to dress up.  I understand why.   So, I decided to dress up as a "lady in waiting" or at least that's what the costume packaging said.  I told my class I was the Queen of Kingdom 18 (My classroom number is 18).  All day long the kids addressed me as "her majesty" and they bowed at me when I walked by them during their lunch recess.  I have to admit, it was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the kids.  They had some great costumes too.

Kyson dressed up as a vampire and Kodi was Rapunzel.  Kyson has had an obsession about vampires for some time now and so when he was able to dress up as one for Halloween, that was so cool for him.  He was very excited.  I was even able to go to his school parade to see the kindergarten costumes.  That is a great benefit of working at Challenger.  I'm able to go to all of my kids' events because Challenger will get someone to cover me while I do.

Kodi's costume was pretty cool and even came with a wig.  I've had to hide it from her since I bought it because if she had her way, she'd sleep in the whole costume.  Because she goes to school at two different schools, she would have had two different Halloween parties.  Instead, she got sick and was throwing up for both of them.  I was worried Kyson would miss his day too, but we got lucky and he was able to go on that day.

Trick-or-treating that night was a little crazy.  I always buy a lot of candy, and this year I bought a lot, but not as much as usual.  We ran out.  This was the first year we ran out of candy.  We typically have about 300 trick-or treaters, and this year was no exception.  We have a lot of kids in the neighborhood.









No comments: