Saturday, December 7, 2013

Preparing for Christmas

I'll admit it, I strongly dislike putting up Christmas decorations.  Growing up I loved doing it with my mom and my grandma, but as the mom, I don't care for it because I don't like putting it all out and then cleaning it all up.  It just seems like so much work just to take down.  We only started putting ornaments on the tree a few years ago when the kids got old enough to notice. 

While I have that mind frame about decorations, I wouldn't trade the time I have to put them up with my kids.  They love it and their joy and excitement makes it worth it for me.  It was nice to decorate as a family and while I pulled out ornaments to make them "tree ready," and Kris serves as the programmable ladder to lift them to those hard to reach areas.  I'm so glad he's so strong.



 

No comments: