Monday, June 17, 2013

The Last Half of Bear Lake

The day before we went back up to the lake, we had the carpets cleaned on the main floor.  I was so excited!  They needed it so badly.  Well, while they were working on the carpets, I was trying to step on as little as possible so I jumped on my toes across the room to the kitchen.  Unfortunately, when I reached the kitchen, the floor was wet and I didn't know it.  My foot slid right into the coffee table leg, and the lag jammed between my big toe and second toe.  I couldn't walk.  I broke my big toe and ended up in a beautiful boot.  That put a damper on the weekend.

After attending the kids' graduations, we headed back up to the Lake on Friday night. We decided to go to the Bear Lake lodge for dinner, and boy was that a mistake.  Everyone's food seemed fine, but mine.  I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with a side salad.  The side salad had moldy lettuce in it, and my hamburger was burned to a crisp.  They didn't charge me for the salad and made me a new burger that took 20 minutes.  Everyone was done when they brought it to me.  This time, the burger was so juicy that it saturated the bun with grease.  I pulled off the soggy bun and tried to eat some of it, but it was disgusting.  They gave me my meal free and kept apologizing.  I'm glad my meal was free, but I won't be returning.

The kids had fun playing in the water as usual.  They were filthy dirty from the mud near the edge and I had to scrub it off of them in the bathtub.  It didn't just come off with water.  They built forts, ran around, and just had a lot of fun.  I'm so glad that Josh came.  The kids truly enjoy playing with him. 

We also took a short four-wheeling ride in the mountains.  It was a trailed area, but it was a lot of fun.  I took Kyson up, and Kodi back.  There were cows in the way at times, and at one place we had to go through a small thing of water.  When we did, hundreds of blue butterflies started flying around.  The kids loved it.  I hope to take them four-wheeling when we go up to the lake again.

I always say this, but I'm so grateful for a vacation place.  It's been the source of my sanity on many occasions.  I hope that one day I can buy something for my kids to enjoy, like the cabin we have at Bear Lake.

 


 






No comments: