Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was interesting this year.  Kyson and Kodi both had a gift for me that they made at school and Kris bought me a gift as well.  I was so excited that everyone was so thoughtful, but unfortunately, none of them could hold on to their gifts.  Throughout the week, each of them insisted they give me their gift, and by the time Mother's Day came, it was like any other Sunday, except I got a candy bar in church.  I loved the gifts I received.  I only wish I could have had them on my special day.

We did go to my parents that afternoon and it was nice to just sit around and have a nice barbeque.  The kids ran around the yard, and it was so nice to see Bill.  He works out of town right now so we don't see him as much as we'd like.  We gave my mother gifts to honor her for the day and just casually visited.  I really enjoy getting together with the family.  I wish we saw Jen's kids more often, but I understand how it's hard when they're grown and some have other families.  Overall it was a nice day, and I'm glad there is a day set aside for mothers.  I'm also grateful that I wasn't the photographer for the holiday - Kris was.






No comments: