Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Weekend

Keeping with tradition, we went to Bear Lake for the holiday weekend.  It was the fullest our cabin has been in a long time, but there still wasn't anyone Kyson and Kodi's age to play with.  I was so happy that Alicia came, but unfortunately, Atley went with Brock camping.  Garrit and Casey came, but they have a little baby.  Kodi loved the little baby though.

We kept things simple with just lounging around the cabin, enjoying the beach, and of course, we had some shakes from Garden City.  But there was one thing that we decided to add to the relaxing weekend - potty training Kodi.  In order for her to be able to join me at the school, she has to be potty trained.  We have only a couple of weeks left and I'm getting nervous.  She's so stubborn that we've been trying to do this for a year and half with no luck.  I think, however, I've found her Achilles heal - Snow White.

Kodi has a Snow White dress that she adores.  She wants to wear it 24/7.  I told her that in order to wear her dress, she needs to potty int he toilet.  If she pees in her dress, I'll have to wash it and she won't be able to wear it.  I think we might be on to something here, because she wanted her dress so badly that she sat on the toilet for 20 minutes, insisting on going potty.  She eventually did, and earned her dress back.  I'm thankful for the power of Snow White.

I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for the family cabin at the lake.  The kids look forward to going, I look forward to going, and when we leave, I can't wait to go back.











No comments: