Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Beauty and the Beast Jr.

Because I've been so inspired by live theater lately, I wanted to try and give my children that same love from an early age.  Kris and I looked into many theaters, but most won't allow children as young as ours, and the performances are too long for children anyways.  However, there was a production of Beauty and the Beast done by a theater called Empress Theater in Magna.  I found out about it from a friend of mine who had seen the production and posted something about it on Facebook.  I decided to look into it.

The performance was a junior cast, meaning all performers were under the age of 18.  The Empress Theater also had a special running for opening weekend of 1/2 price tickets.  We were able to buy tickets for 6 of us for $27.  You can't beat that for live theater.

Carol and Errol attended the performance with us, and the kids sat in awe as they watched Bell and the Beast sing, dance, and fall in love.  Kodi only had a couple of minutes where she was obnoxious during the entire performance, which I have to say is really good for a 2 year old.  Taking the kids to this performance showed me that I need to look for more opportunities like this for them.  They truly loved it.  After the show, the actors came outside to greet the patrons.  Kodi was excited to meet Bell, but was too shy to pose for a picture.  Kyson wanted to meet Gaston which I thought was cute.

After this experience, we'll be looking into season tickets somewhere.  We just need to find more productions geared for kids.




No comments: