Saturday, April 2, 2011

24 - Hansen Style

The past 24 hours has been as full and intense as an episode of 24. It's amazing how much can happen in just a few hours.

9:00pm Thursday night
I had the privilege of going to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to do cleaning. While that doesn't sound like much of a privilege to go clean for a few hours, sacrifice sleep, and not get paid, I can honestly say it was wonderful. Earlier that evening I had been having some cramp-like pains, and had debated about going. I took some Tylenol hoping the pain would subside and it did a little, but once your in a beautiful surrounding with spectacular friends, it's hard to notice pain. I worked mainly with 2 people,
Beth and Randy, and it was a lot of fun. At one point Randy and I had Ghostbuster vacuums that strapped to our backs. I need to get me one of those. It's so easy to vacuum stairs with those things. I had a map of the areas I was supposed to vacuum and I had a really hard time following it. It's hard to read maps when you don't know what you're doing. I couldn't tell if rugs were in a lobby or in a room. I had no idea that even the rugs outside as you enter the temple are vacuumed daily. We were there until about 12:15am chatting, joking, and cleaning. It was a wonderful experience that I think anyone should take advantage of when the opportunity arises.

6:30am Friday morning
I had hoped the kids would sleep in since I had a long night, but of course, that would never happen. Early in the morning I started my day running errands getting things together and planning my day. I had decided to take Friday off to work on the yard. I desperately want to finish
it, but the weather and time have been preventing me from getting it done. I worked on the yard while Kris worked on the lawn mower. Kodi was helping Kris by handing him tools and being there for moral support and Kyson...well, Kyson was being 3. We worked all morning cleaning things up, finishing our retaining walls for the flowerbeds, and then ran a few more errands. That evening I went with my father to buy trees and bushes and I'm very excited to get this taken care of.

7:00pm Friday evening
Kris was digging holes like crazy and working so fast I could barely keep up with him. He's such a Herculean hunk. The pain that I had been feeling the night before was increasing and then around 8:00 I noticed obvious blood in my urine and decided to go to the
InstaCare. While at the InstaCare the pain was getting stronger and shot up into my kidney. They said I had a UTI and a kidney stone - no wonder I was in pain. I picked up an antibiotic and painkillers on the way home and by the time I left the pharmacy I was in such excruciating pain I could barely drive home. The remainder of the evening and all through the night was a nightmare. 2 Lortabs wasn't dulling the pain and I nearly had to go back to the emergency room at about 12:30. This is my 9th kidney stone. Three of those stones have been surgically removed and I've had my kidney drained from a blockage. This stone has probably been the 3rd most painful stone I've had. It was terrible. I'm now functioning, but feel so weak. I can't wait for it all to be over with.

3 comments:

Randy Curtis said...

Good times!! You crack me up...

Gretchen said...

My poor little Kelli. One step forward and two steps back! Hang in there. You are in my prayers. BTW, I LOVE the picture of Kyson with the onion glasses!!!! Too cute. Kodi is so grown up. Babyhood is gone! Cute picture of her and Kris. Feel better quickly!

Karina said...

hope you feel better soon!