Saturday, December 25, 2010

I Love Christmas

Every year for Christmas we fill the entire day and never really have a chance to just be. We decided to change things up this year by going to my parents' house on Christmas Eve, and then my parents can visit each family on Christmas day. I think it worked out a lot better.

Christmas Even started out with Subway that my parents ordered and we all chomped and chatted. Subway is always a nice meal for the holidays. Subway is a nice meal for any day. Then the real fun began. We played a game called Compatability and it was hilarious to play this with my sister and parents. I've wanted to since I played it last year for New Year's and now that it''s finally happened - it didn't disappoint. It was nice that my niece, Chelsie, dropped in for a shirt time as well. After games and lots of laughter came presents. Kyson was so well-behaved and grateful. He was saying thank you and giving hugs. He didn't always wait for his turn to open the present, but what can you expect from a three-year-old. The entire evening was wonderful and I hope we start a new family tradition with this.
Christmas morning was just as great. Kodi was the one to wake us first at 6:30am. I was really hoping to sleep until 7:30, but not this year. Apparently, Kodi was too excited to wait. We brought her into our bed to see if she's fall back asleep until Kyson woke up, but she was ready to go and played the entire time. Finally at 7ish, I took her downstairs until Kyson woke up. At 7:30, Kyson came downstairs and saw the presents under the tree. His first response was, "Wow." But when I asked him to go wake up Daddy, he said, No," and ran to play with a toy meant for Kodi.

When everyone came downstairs, Kyson started handing out the stockings and going through all of his nifty toys in there. He was so patient and nice. Even when we got to the actual presents, he would pause after each present to play with it. If only this angelic behavior would have lasted all day.

After presented we had cinnamon rolls and watched The Polar Express. Kyson watched the movie in his new play tent he got from Grandma and Grandpa Tinsch the night before. Then Grandma and Grandpa Tinsch came over. We had more presents and lunch. This year, I cooked my first "Christmas Dinner" and I think it turned out okay - I liked it anyway. Later that evening Jen, Bill, and Josh came over and boy that was a treat. Josh is such a good sport. He played with Kyson so much and I know Kyson just loved it. Kodi was too tired to care, but watching Kyson and Josh was so fun.
For the rest of the evening, Kris worked on setting up our new PS3, and Kyson sat in his "house." It was a wonderfully relaxing day and so nice not to be gone all day visiting everyone. I guess the stress will come tomorrow when I'm trying to clean up the house and de-clutter the old to make room for the new. I think I enjoyed this Christmas more than I have in a long time.

No comments: