Friday, August 14, 2009

Shakespeare Time Again

Every year, I plan and chaperon a trip to the Utah Shakespearean Festival with a handful of my students. This year we saw: As You Like It, Henry V, and The Comedy of Errors. They were well done, and the girls seemed to really enjoy the trip. On our last evening in Cedar City, they even said, "I don't want to go back." That's when you know the trip has been a success.

Normally, Kris' parents take Kyson while I'm gone, but because he's gotten so big he doesn't want to sleep in a crib, he'll no longer even take naps at his grandparents' house. Kris decided it was best if he take the week off to be home during the night with our fun-loving son. I think it was a great decision.

Because I'm so pregnant when going this year, both Kris and Carol, Kris' mother, were concerned about me going. It was funny - I was actually in less pain than when I'm home. I believe it is because I wasn't lifting a 25 lb child and I wasn't constantly bending over to pick up after him. Between those two things, my back, hips, and pelvis got a much needed break.

When I got back, even though Kris was exhausted, he said he wouldn't have traded it for anything. He loved the time he had with his son. They played games, went on walks, worked on vocabulary, and just enjoyed each other's company. I'm so grateful that my son has such an involved father. Not many kids get to be so lucky.

1 comment:

Marnie said...

LUCKY! You got a great week away and a great husband. What more can you ask for?