Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Festivities Begin

This weekend is our second weekend filled with an obligation. We don't have a single Friday or Saturday night free in the month of December, but hey, it keeps us young - right?! Friday night we got together with the families of all those with whom I teach at La Europa. It's so nice knowing the spouses of the teachers, so when we have opportunities to get together, I feel weird and out of place. I really enjoy my coworkers and I'm so glad I have them to get me through those tough days when I hate my job. (We all have those days).

Saturday, we were supposed to go to see the lights at Temple Square with all of Kris's family, but plans changed. There was a big storm Saturday, I thought maybe we should cancel, but then it cleared up and I was relieved that we'd be able to make it considering this was our only chance to go this year. Rusty and Amy's kids have been sick and they didn't want to have them outside for an extended period of time - makes sense. Instead, we went to Carl's Junior and enjoyed the large playland. Kyson didn't care for the slide too much for some reason. He was crying so loud that it sounded like he was crying into a mega- phone. Amy and I were the freaky parents who were climbing in the playland even though we're more than 4 feet tall. Amy said she's really only 10, just had a growth spurt at 10. Nice try Amy, I know you're as old as me. Amy managed to climb all the way to the top to help the kids go down the slide. I waited at the bottom of the slide to help them. It was pretty entertaining to watch them. Especially when Kris's mom climbed inside to play with them too. I'm surprised we didn't get kicked out. I think they should build an adult playland at restaurants. Who's with me?

After the playland, we went to Rusty and Amy's. We were going to have an indoor snowball fight, but it was getting late and I was the party pooper who said we couldn't stay. The kids all really enjoyed playing with the toys.

2 comments:

Bek said...

i miss the teachers at lea. you guys rock. i hope you're having a merry christmas time!

MADSEN'S said...

it looks like you guys are as busy as everyone else in the world preparing for christmas. We miss you guys we'll see you on christmas love ya.