Thursday, July 31, 2008

Introducing Franni Faye Hansen

I can't believe it - we got a dog. We had always said we'd get a dog when we had a fence and when we no longer had Komodo. Well, we ended up buying a puppy earlier than scheduled. We wanted a dog who would stay small and wouldn't shed. Because she has Yorkie in her, she fits both criterion and when we stumbled into her, we knew we wouldn't find that at the pound. She's a Miniature Pinscher and Yorkie mix who is now 10 weeks old. She is a big cuddler, but is so energetic, people have asked if I give her shots of esspresso. She's doing really well with house training, but not so great with the nibbling. Tips for stopping this are welcomed and appreciated.

We chose the name because my grandmother's name is Frances and my aunt's middle name is Faye.We debated between Franni, Peggy, and Ophie (short for Ophelia from Hamlet), but in the end Franni won. Hope you don't mind Grandma.

She's extremely little. I took a picture of her lying down next a DVD case to give a perspective. She's a small little gal and supposedly, she'll only get a few inches bigger. I truly hope that is the case. Of course, becuase she's so small, she's easy to accidentally step on. We are constantly on our toes. It's like having two small children now. I guess it's great preparation for whenever baby #2 comes - not that it's any time soon. Between the two hoodlums, we have our hands full. More like, Kris has his hands full since he's home with them during the day. They are magnets for mischief together.

4 comments:

Gunn Family said...

What a cute dog! I am suprised you didn't get one earlier...it seems like the gunn family's all have a million! Good luck with the puppy stage!!

Randy said...

tip for nibbling: get rid of her. :)

Gretchen said...

Frannie Faye is darling, but then I may be prejudice because she is my namesake!!!! Kelli, the blog is darling--and so is Kyson and Frannie!!! Love you!!!!

Marnie said...

Super cute! Good luck with the nibbling. I am not much of a dog person so I don't have any good tips.