Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day

As tradition, we went to Bear Lake this year for Labor Day weekend. Typically, I have a lot for family for the holiday, but it was only my Aunt and Uncle, Dennis and Gretchen, and my parents. It was actually really nice having a small crowd. No one really planned to go so we literally threw together meals at the last second and just had a nice relaxing weekend. More than anything,
I like to go up for Kyson. He loves to go there and play in the sand and water, ride his big wheel, and go four-wheeling. The weekend didn't disappoint for the four-year-old with such high expectations. He played in the water with my dad, played on the beach with Kodi, went on long walks on his big wheel
with Kris and I, and went four-wheeling with a big group.

This trip, Kyson decided to do something a little different with his big wheel - ride it into the lake. While I thought it was strange, he truly loved it. At one point though, he lost his balance in the water and wasn't getting it back. I had to pull a Baywatch move and run down the beach to rescue him. He'd swallowed a bit of water was all, but I think he thought it was worth it. He continued to ride the big wheel into the water.

The whole thing was great and I look forward to the next visit.






No comments: