Monday, March 7, 2011

Moulin Rouge - My New Secret Weapon

I love the movie Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor. The first time you watch it, it's a little overwhelming and chaotic, but once you get the storyline, the movie is mesmerizing. A week or so ago, I put the film on so I could do some work with a great soundtrack on in the background. Unfortunately, I ended up being glued to the movie and didn't get anything done. Then the next day I wanted to hear the songs again, so I put it on and fast forwarded to the songs. I learned something very important that day - Moulin Rouge can settle down my children. They were just as enticed as I was to the movie and they sat and stared. Still, a week later, they still watch the movie without noticing anything else going on around them. Kyson is so funny too because when a song finishes he'll say, "Again." Or when I fast forward through parts, he gets upset because he wants to watch the whole thing.

Tonight, Kyson was having an ADHD moment and was crazy hyper. He was making piles with blankets, diving off the couches and tossing papers about. Kodi was following her brother's example by trying to climb on the coffee table, playing with the remotes and telephones and both were driving me crazy. I decided to put on Moulin Rouge and suddenly, they were sitting together on the chair watching it contently. I think I've found my new secret weapon - the music to Moulin Rouge.

No comments: