Monday, August 16, 2010

Our Last Summer Vacation

As many know, my family has a cabin at Bear Lake and we are able to rendezvoux there quite often during the summer. This year, however, is the first year we've been able to make a vacation of it by staying there for a week. Normally we only can go for a weekend at a time because of work, but both Kris and I got the week off so we could go enjoy ourselves.


Like all vacations, nothing goes completely according to plan. My dad's life jackets and tie-downs for his four-wheeler were taken, he slipped in Minatonka cave and had to get stitches, we got a hole in our brand-new Caribbean Island, and had a blast (at least I did).


Kyson is obsessed with Bear Lake and for weeks we had to practically count down the days until we left. I don't think it was a disappointment once we arrived. He loved the cave, and just before we went in, he found a caterpillar. He didn't stop talking about it the entire time. He was such a good sport climbing hundreds of stairs without crying or whining and he did better than some other kids older than him.


I'm so thankful for a cheap get-away place and a fun vacation spot. I hope to be able to enjoy it for years to come.

No comments: