Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nothing Special

I've slacked on updating lately partly because Kris' birthday was a few weeks ago and I wanted to write something about him and never got to it, and partly because I haven't felt up to doing anything. Tonight I'm finally feeling somewhat human, so I'm trying to update what I can.

Kyson's therapy is still a major work in progress. It's amazing how aware you have to be of what you say and what you do when trying to give your toddler opportunities to speak. I realized I'm about 10 steps ahead of him. I'm grabbing his coat or opening doors for him before he has a chance to ask for things. We're also supposed to learn sign language to help him communicate as well. It's hard to slow down and think about everything we're doing, but we're working on it. He's making progress. I don't think it's necessarily directly from therapy, but from the therapy we're learning about things we can do to get to his level and ways to give him opportunities to ask for his needs. It's a lot to think about.

Kyson's been having a lot of fun just being a little boy. He's just so happy. He's starting to get into these screaming fits were he screams, and it's annoying. They're happy screams, but why? Even with his quirks, we sure do love having him in our family.

2 comments:

Marnie said...

He is so cute! Good luck with all the therapy stuff. Happy late birthday to Kris!

Deb-t said...

Isn't parenthood challengins sometimes? It seems to be so but the rewards are far greater than the downfalls and so worth it. Sounds like you guys are doing well with Kyson, anyway. How have you been feeling being prego?