Thursday, January 15, 2009

Crash Hansen

On January 9th, I had the fortune of getting rear-ended on my way to work. It was an icy morning and the woman behind me slid right into me. It's amazing how sensitive your body is from just a simple bump. There was hardly any damage on my car, but when I took it in for an estimate, there was $1000 in damage. I was really surprised. I popped out a rib and my collar bone, and sprained a rib. I have been going to the chiropractor twice a week since. At the time, I didn't think it was a big deal; as time passes, I realize you should never assume that it's nothing.

I think the Lord had a hand in this little set-back however. Kris was deathly sick that morning and spent 30 minutes throwing up in the shower when he was trying to leave for work. Needless to say, he didn't go to work. If Kris had gone to work that morning, Kyson would have been in the car with me. I'm so thankful he wasn't with me.

1 comment:

satomblablabla said...

Wow, that's scary. And, yes, what blessing it was that Kris was yakking up his guts!